About us :) Room 10 of Awesomeness

Belair Primary School has 570 students in 21 classes. We are located in the foothills of Adelaide, South Australia. We are an International Baccalaureate (IB) school as well as an Eco-school. Our class has 29 students, 15 boys and 14 girls. We are a year 4/5 class – we have ages ranging from 9-11. We have 2 teachers who work with us in our classroom.
At our school we have 2 specialist teachers. One teaches us Japanese and the other teaches us PE (Physical Education). We also have a string ensemble with violins, cellos, double base and violas. Our choir sings at the Festival theatre each year.
As part of our Japanese lessons we have students who visit Japan every 2 years. We have a sister school in Momoyama, Kyoto.
As we live near the foothills and the National Park we often have Koalas visiting us in the trees outside our classroom. We took a photo of one this morning in Rokewood Scrub, the area right behind our school. We also have Kangaroos that live in the local National Park.

One of our furry visitors
We have a school song that we sing at each of our assemblies.

One Response to About us :) Room 10 of Awesomeness Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)

1. Hi my name is Toby and I’m a 6th grade student from mr. Jewells class in Cardiff, California. I think it’s really cool that you live in Australia. How is the weather over there, how is it like in Australia. Anyways maybe come check out my blog?

http://j6ah15.edublogs.org
    Thanks for your time!