Term 4 here we come.

Published on: Author: kgillespie28 4 Comments

Term 4 is here already and we only have 9 weeks left before our year comes to an end.  I am looking forward to being back in the classroom this term and finishing the year with everyone.  As always it is going to be a busy term with lots happening.  I will be sharing up coming events, Unit of Inquiry tasks, excursions, etc through the blog.  Please ensure you check this regularly as this will become the main source of information sharing.

The students have been lucky with the weather for our excursion today and this will give them a firm base for their summative task.  I have included the task in this post so you are able to assist your children and are aware of the requirements and when it is due to be completed.  We will be showing them what each final product looks like before they choose how they are going to present their learning and teaches will be sorting their working partners for those who wish to work together.

Summative Assessment

Working with a partner (teacher selected)you have to create an information text.

Goal Explain how beaches in Adelaide have changed over time because of human and natural impacts.
Role You are a spokesperson from the South Australian government.
Audience Choose your audience,tourists, school groups,other scientists,museum visitors, concerned local residents.
Scenario You have to explain to your audience how the beaches have changed over time and what has caused this to occur.
Product Podcast, iMovie, labelled static display Like you would find in a museum), Haiku Deck, Nearpod,
You need to include, Clearly identified landforms, cause and effect of erosion, (pictorial evidence),evidence of change over time, explanation of what is being done to reduce the erosion.

4 Responses to Term 4 here we come. Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)

1. Thanks Karen. Tommy will clearly be behind the 8 ball on this one due his absence (he’s soooo disappointed to miss the beach excursion).
    Luckily, due to erosion, changing tides etc I’ve had some involvement with beach changes through my work at Onkaparinga Council, so can assist him. Let me know more about the task at natali.bennett@onkaparinga.sa.gov.au
    Thanks
    Nat

2. Hi Karen
    we are trying to get going with nearpod but

does the school have an account?

I am using my account for now , which i just created ( I am being a student as well this time!)

3. Hi Karen
    my understanding is that neared is just a distributor of content that is ready to be assembled, so Pietro is putting together materials in ppt now.

MY questions: will Pietro use nearpod in teacher mode? Do you think it is worthwhile the effort of using it? Thanks

• Hi Luca,

In teacher mode you can create the content. I spoke to the students about being ‘teachers’ for this activity. They will be using their school domain email to set it up and will only be showing us and not going ‘live’. I think there are lots of benefits to using this in the sense that student get to ask questions to seek understanding from others at the same time showing their own understanding (hope this doesn’t sound too jumbled )